News & Eventsback
News & Events
- 25 April 2017 Feast” An exhibition of new paintings by Lucy Doyle
- 4 April 2017 “Wild Places” An exhibition of new paintings by Neal Greig
- 28 March 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Hampstead 2017
- 10 February 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea
- 23 January 2017 “Somewhere city, paintings” An exhibition of new paintings by Leonard Sexton
- 11 January 2017 'AwayLand' - New paintings by Cormac O'Leary
- 11 January 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea
- 16 December 2016 Nutgrove Print Gallery
- 3 December 2016 The Doorway Gallery Christmas Show 2016
- 26 November 2016 Dublin Gallery Map 2016
- 7 November 2016 Edinburgh Art Fair 2016
- 6 November 2016 Gary Devon's Solo Show - “Continuum”
- 24 October 2016 Nutgrove Arts Festival 2016
- 24 October 2016 Gary Devon's Solo Show - “Continuum”
- 17 October 2016 Jackie Edwards wins the Portrait Prize at the RUA
- 15 October 2016 “Départ” An exhibition of new paintings by Jack Hickey
- 29 September 2016 Cambridge Art Fair 2016
- 23 August 2016 The Affordable Art Fair, Bristol FREE TICKETS
- 22 August 2016 An exhibition of new paintings by Angela Morgan
- 14 July 2016 An exhibition of new paintings by Padraig McCaul
- 14 May 2016 The Affordable art fair, Hampstead, London
- 22 March 2016 “The Equus Connection” An exhibition of new paintings by Tony O’Connor
- 1 March 2016 The Affordable Art Fair Battersea
- 20 October 2015 Chris Wilson / RUA
- 20 October 2015 Jackie Edwards /RUA
- 1 October 2015 “Hidden” October 8th – 29th
- 29 August 2015 “Leave the world behind” By Roisin O'Farrell
- 9 August 2015 The Doorway Gallery Summer Show ‘A Summer Selection’ August 1st – 26th
- 27 June 2015
- 20 May 2015 An exhibition of new paintings by Neal Greig & Jock Nichol
- 20 May 2015 Affordable Art Fair London Hampstead 2015 The Affordable Art Fair , Hampstead, London
- 20 May 2015 “Recent Paintings 2015” An exhibition of new paintings by Lucy Doyle
- 20 May 2015 An exhibition of new paintings by Kate Beagan
- 20 May 2015 Along the Atlantic way” An exhibition of new paintings by Padraig McCaul
- 6 November 2014 Chris Wilson - Small Islands.
- 26 October 2014 The Doorway Gallery comes to London for one week!
- 25 October 2014 Roisin O'Farrell's prices are going up!
- 2 October 2014 Ken Browne - ‘Ninety Degrees in View'
- 25 September 2014 Nutgrove arts fest 2014
- 19 September 2014 Culture night 2014
- 14 June 2014 The Doorway Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair Hampstead
- 18 March 2014 'Celtic Legend' Solo exhibition by Iwona Nartowska O’Reilly
- 28 February 2014 The Doorway Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair Battersea
Along the Atlantic way” An exhibition of new paintings by Padraig McCaul
The Doorway Gallery is delighted to host an exhibition by Padraig McCaul called ‘Along the Atlantic way’ on Thursday, June 25th between 6-7.30pm on 24 South Frederick Street. The exhibition will run until July 23rd
Padraig McCaul's latest exhibition at The Doorway Gallery features twenty-five new paintings from along Ireland's Atlantic coastline, or as it has recently become known as - the Wild Atlantic Way. At the heart of this new collection are paintings of Achill Island where he now lives.
Since moving to Achill with his family in 2012 McCaul's evocative paintings of the west of Ireland have continued to evolve and now include more figurative work, sometimes based on, but always inspired by his own family.
He works from his studio in Dugort, under the shadow of Slievemore, and creates his colour filled oil paintings with a single palette knife and brush. His work has been described as 'inviting and provocative', 'alive and vibrant'.
'I want people to feel that they can disappear into my paintings, that they can get lost in them.' Padraig McCaul
Mixing a standard palette of earth tones with primary reds, yellows and blues, he strives to create atmosphere and feeling over faithful reproduction.
Date : June 25th
Time: 6 – 7.30 pm
Gallery opening Hours:
Monday – Saturday 10.30-6pm
For more information :