News & Eventsback
News & Events
- 25 April 2017 Feast” An exhibition of new paintings by Lucy Doyle
- 4 April 2017 “Wild Places” An exhibition of new paintings by Neal Greig
- 28 March 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Hampstead 2017
- 10 February 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea
- 23 January 2017 “Somewhere city, paintings” An exhibition of new paintings by Leonard Sexton
- 11 January 2017 'AwayLand' - New paintings by Cormac O'Leary
- 11 January 2017 The Affordable Art Fair, Battersea
- 16 December 2016 Nutgrove Print Gallery
- 3 December 2016 The Doorway Gallery Christmas Show 2016
- 26 November 2016 Dublin Gallery Map 2016
- 7 November 2016 Edinburgh Art Fair 2016
- 6 November 2016 Gary Devon's Solo Show - “Continuum”
- 24 October 2016 Nutgrove Arts Festival 2016
- 24 October 2016 Gary Devon's Solo Show - “Continuum”
- 17 October 2016 Jackie Edwards wins the Portrait Prize at the RUA
- 15 October 2016 “Départ” An exhibition of new paintings by Jack Hickey
- 29 September 2016 Cambridge Art Fair 2016
- 23 August 2016 The Affordable Art Fair, Bristol FREE TICKETS
- 22 August 2016 An exhibition of new paintings by Angela Morgan
- 14 July 2016 An exhibition of new paintings by Padraig McCaul
- 14 May 2016 The Affordable art fair, Hampstead, London
- 22 March 2016 “The Equus Connection” An exhibition of new paintings by Tony O’Connor
- 1 March 2016 The Affordable Art Fair Battersea
- 20 October 2015 Chris Wilson / RUA
- 20 October 2015 Jackie Edwards /RUA
- 1 October 2015 “Hidden” October 8th – 29th
- 29 August 2015 “Leave the world behind” By Roisin O'Farrell
- 9 August 2015 The Doorway Gallery Summer Show ‘A Summer Selection’ August 1st – 26th
- 27 June 2015
- 20 May 2015 An exhibition of new paintings by Neal Greig & Jock Nichol
- 20 May 2015 Affordable Art Fair London Hampstead 2015 The Affordable Art Fair , Hampstead, London
- 20 May 2015 “Recent Paintings 2015” An exhibition of new paintings by Lucy Doyle
- 20 May 2015 An exhibition of new paintings by Kate Beagan
- 20 May 2015 Along the Atlantic way” An exhibition of new paintings by Padraig McCaul
- 6 November 2014 Chris Wilson - Small Islands.
- 26 October 2014 The Doorway Gallery comes to London for one week!
- 25 October 2014 Roisin O'Farrell's prices are going up!
- 2 October 2014 Ken Browne - ‘Ninety Degrees in View'
- 25 September 2014 Nutgrove arts fest 2014
- 19 September 2014 Culture night 2014
- 14 June 2014 The Doorway Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair Hampstead
- 18 March 2014 'Celtic Legend' Solo exhibition by Iwona Nartowska O’Reilly
- 28 February 2014 The Doorway Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair Battersea
The Doorway Gallery at the Affordable Art Fair Battersea
The Doorway Gallery is delighted to be given the opportunity to exhibit at the Affordable Art Fair which takes place in Battersea Park, south London between March 13th – 16th .
The Affordable Art Fair is the leading showcase in the UK for contemporary art under £4,000 having welcomed over 430,000 visitors who have bought £73 million of art. In 1996 Will opened Will’s Art Warehouse in south west London to bridge the increasing interest in contemporary art and the London gallery scene. By concentrating on relatively unknown artists not carrying a premium for reputation, the gallery was able to offer works from £50 - £2,500 from a stable of over 150 artists. The response to Will’s Art Warehouse encouraged Will to take his approach to the next level, and in October 1999 he launched the first Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park. 10,000 visitors took advantage of the ease of buying, breadth of choice, affordable prices and user-friendly approach.
In 2001 Will launched a second event in Battersea Park, the Spring Collection, to showcase entirely different artists from the Autumn Collection. Now over 25,000 people come to each London fair to enjoy the art exhibited by the 120 British and international galleries. In the same year he established a fair in the West Country; the Bristol fair in May is now very popular attracting around 7,000 visitors over three days.
AAF has also become something of a global phenomenon with fairs taking place in Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, New York and Singapore, while affiliate events include Sydney and Melbourne. Globally, 783,000 people have visited an Affordable Art Fair, buying over £123 million of art.
The Doorway gallery are extremely honoured to be part of such an international fair with very high standards. Top Irish Artists will be exhibited including Brian McDonagh, Cormac O'Leary, Chris Wilson, Ken Browne, Kate Beagan, Christy Keeney, Jackie Edwards, Seamus Connolly and Rae Perry.